- Supervise and generate quotations for new equipment, refurbishments, and spare parts
- Attend daily production meetings and help set priorities
- Facilitate new project quotation meetings
- Keep status of equipment RFQ’s up to date and visible to the rest of the organization
- Enlists company support as needed to satisfy customer requirements
- Manage the customer service team to ensure that:
- Customers receive documentation as promised
- Customer forms are completed as required
- Customers are well-informed about ship dates and project progress
- Recommended spare parts lists are sent out automatically before a project ships to help generate parts business
- Sales reps are included in all correspondence related to their customers
- Enter orders and jobs as necessary
- Works with sales, engineering, production, and other internal groups to maximize effectiveness of the inside sales organization
- Helps define procedures, practices, and performance measures
- Help with recruiting, new employee training, and ongoing development of inside sales personnel
- Identifies and communicates larger trends and issues to the broader organization
- Assists in preparing ISO reports and audits
- B.S. Degree in Chemical or Mechanical engineering or related field
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar inside sales management environment
- Effective and proven leadership skills.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are required along with organizational skills
- Excellent analytical skills. Technical aptitude to understand the industry, products, and customers.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple demands and shifting priorities
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office required. Proficiency with Epicor highly desired.
Job Type: Full-time
- Inside Sales: 1 year
Please send resume and salary history to email@example.com.