Primary Purpose Summary
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for performing duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment. This position will also work closely with manufacturing to provide required services to ensure proper equipment setup and startup.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform diversified duties to install and maintain production machines, support equipment and facility equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities utilizing tool room equipment as authorized.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, plc, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals to independently perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose complex equipment problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and facility equipment.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, DVM, laptop and material handling equipment to perform duties.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- High School diploma or GED
- Formal training and/or skilled trade certification related to maintenance activities is preferred.
- Preferred 3 years’ experience in injection molding maintenance
- Must be capable of reading and understanding electrical hydraulic schematics and diagrams.
- Basic working knowledge of programmable ladder logic (PLC)
- Experienced with repair, troubleshooting, and preventative maintenance of injection molding presses, auxiliary equipment, robots, and EOAT.